Home CONTACT HOME HISTORY

THE ORGAN

St Martin’s is proud of its Three manual instrument (the pipes of which are contained in a gallery on the south side of the church). The instrument was erected in 1955 by Messrs John Compton Organ Co.Ltd, the nucleus of which was taken from a Hill instrument of fifteen stops.


The console was rebuilt in 2008 by Roger Taylor. In 2009, the 8’ Trumpet rank was added to complete the tonal palette of the instrument.

the organ console

(re-built 2008)

the organ chamber above the south choir

the 8’ trumpet pipes

the 16’ pedal reeds

The Organ